Thursday, September 3, 2009

This Girl...

(first day of school)

makes me smile.

Even when we aren't seeing eye-to-eye, I can't help but to be thankful that she is who she is.
UPDATE:
Her most recent attempt to increasingly turn my brown locks gray included articles of clothing that she should have donated to goodwill two years ago. Unsuccessful as she was, this young woman has perseverance running through her blood as she repeatedly came out of her room wearing items of clothing much too revealing for anyone that isn't sunbathing on the beach. I am at the realization that the school shopping tradition may have some merit. Maybe I'm too protective over my eldest beauty (but if we're not looking out for her, who will?). Be that as it may~these babies are making their final exit...

As we bid farewell to the wardrobe that would fit a 12 year old we embark on adventures for new and stylish replacements.

May the force be with me.

5 comments:

~j~ said...

yes!! may the force be with you indeed but how brilliant of both of you... bold attempt at wearing nothing = shopping spree with Mom!!
You two are genius!!
xo
love
j

Farmgirl Paints said...

Ahh so not looking forward to those years. You did good mom.

Thanks so much for your comments earlier. I'm glad my post touched you in some way. Hope you come back:)

Becky said...

"xray vision not required" -- funny.

As a friend of mine who has an 11-year old told me "I promote coverage -- I don't care what style it is."

Jenn Kirk said...

LOL. Bri is such a beauty and you're such a good mom.

Annette, Shining Light Jewelry said...

My eyes are a little misty looking at how much Bri has grown since I saw her last. It has been too long!!

Ok, playing a little devil's advocate here: those are cute dresses!! I'd want to keep wearing them too :)