Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What was I thinking...

...always waiting well into December to decorate for Christmas? I've got the bug this year and am loving all the fun we are having making our own merry decor. First up is the advent chain that I read about on stitch/craft. It took a few days to get it completed, but we are excited to check a link every day to find out what fun awaits. Every link has a numbered button sewn on for each day until Christmas with an activity taped to the inside. So far.... drinking hot cider and taking a family photo. I think tomorrow we get to pick out a new Christmas movie. Yippee!



This could also be done with any kind of sturdy paper and the kids will surely love it (except when you get to the Christmas caroling day, which will probably make your teenager cringe ~ but hey, what fun is being a parent if you can't embarrass your kids once in a while?).
Next stop, snow flakes...

2 comments:

~j~ said...

did i forget to tell you how brilliant your are?
xo
j

Holly said...

Your chain came out great! I love the red and white striped fabric. It's so exciting to see that someone made something I designed! I'm looking forward to exploring the rest of your blog.