Friday, October 3, 2008

Escargot...come and get it


Out in the backyard yesterday I noticed that once again my poor bougainvillea is being shredded. With more careful observation I found not one or two snails feasting on my beautiful bush, but dozens of the little buggers had hatched and they were everywhere. Since I prefer not to spray whenever possible, I stood out there hand picking while Maya pleaded and begged to hold them. Not sure if I even made a dent in their population so I'm assuming this will be a daily routine for a while. Oh well, Maya will enjoy the snail round-up while it lasts and I'll have mini hours devours for anyone willing. I hear the young ones are quite tender:)
xoxo

1 comment:

Jenn Kirk said...

Jeepers creepers! I don't think I could ever hold a gaggle of snails in my hand. Ever.