Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Race Day!

Mama & monkey stretching out after the run




my swingers



amazing oaks



Our beautiful country room



So I've been training for a half marathon for several months now although I had sprained my ankle about a month ago. Since my running has ceased for the past 4 weeks I decided to do only half of the half (only 6 miles) and though it wasn't quite the accomplishment I was hoping for - it still felt great to stretch my legs and run in a real race!



The night before the race we stayed at my cousin's beautiful ranch house surrounded by rolling hills and glorious oaks. The house has the original ranch feel and lots of great old and new touches including the large antler chandelier, the cowhide framed mirror in the bathroom and the little cowboy room as a guest bedroom. It is an amazing place that was enjoyed by the whole family. Thanks G for your gracious hospitality and for making everyone feel so comfortable!



xoxo

1 comment:

~j~ said...

So proud of you! I am sorry that i forgot about this race and to call and cheer you on :( looks like you all had an amazing time, so very beautiful...
love to all,
j